Monday, January 28, 2013

Easy Fried Rice

My husband and I love Chinese food so this was a good one for me to try, and it was really simple and very good! Hubby liked it very much so that's always a plus! I don't like onions so I simply just didn't put them in there :) If you like fried rice you will like this homemade version! 


Looks yummy doesn't it? You could always cook up some chicken to add to this to make a main dish out of it!


3 cups cooked white rice (day old or leftover rice works best!)
3 tbs sesame oil **
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce


      On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.  
Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. 
Stir fry until tender. 
Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side,
 then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
 Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well.
 Stir fry until thoroughly heated!

** I did not have sesame oil at the time I made this and it still came out good**

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment