Monday, January 28, 2013

Southern Skillet Corn

I've had mixed feelings about this one, I loved it and so did my mom but the hubby not so much but hes not much of a fan of cream style corn so I think that why he wasn't a fan of it but you will have to give it a try to find out what you think of it! It calls for ears of corn but i have made it with frozen corn on the days i dont feel like messing with the ears of corn! 

This is the photo from the website i got this recipe from i originally found it on pintrest 

This is the photo I took, I had made it with stuffed peppers it was very yummy Ill post my recipe for stuffed peppers later! 

Ok heres the recipe: 

6 ears corn or a package of frozen corn
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons butter

Shuck corn and pull off silks, then rinse under cool running water.
In a large bowl, cut the corn from the cob with a sharp knife.
Combine flour, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then add to 1 1/2 cups of water. Stir with a fork or whisk or combine.
Melt butter over medium-low heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet.
Add corn and flour mixture and cook over medium-low heat for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Enjoy!


Here is a printable version of this recipe 


No comments:

Post a Comment